Events Current and upcoming events for training and fellowship in the district.
By the Office
On 14, Dec 2012 | In Events | By the Office
All youth and adult sponsors/mentors, grades 6 through 12. are invited to WOW on January 26-27, 2013 located at Springfield Expo Center, 635 E. St. Louis St. Springfield, MO. For housing: Local churches included in the cost and assigned by WOW committee or
in hotel you arrange. University Plaza rate: $89/room. Identify that you are attending WOW. Some will commute or make own arrangements with friends.
The two day event cost $60 per person if register before Dec. 13, 2012. $75 per person if register between Dec. 14 and January 17. Online registration will remain open through Jan. 21. Cost includes: t-shirt, lunch and supper on Saturday, housing in a local church, all activities, concerts
The events schedule is:
- Saturday Registration: 10 am to 1 pm.
- Lunch 11 am to 1 pm.
- Inflatables: 10 am to 1 pm
- Workshops: 11 am and noon
- Mission opportunities: 10 am to 1 pm.
- First General Session (speaker Faith Fowler): 1:15 pm
- Workshops, inflatables, zumba: 3:30 pm
- supper: 4:45 pm to 6:30 pm
- Evening General Session (Jeff Dunn-Rankin speaker): 7:00
- SEABIRD in concert: 10:15
- Report to local churches, lights out: 11:30
- Out of local churches: Sunday: 7:15am
- The Great Romance Concert: 8
ARTISTS AND SPEAKERS: Speakers: Faith Fowler, Jeff Dunn-Rankin, Jason Gant, Artists:
Worship band: The Great Romance, Concert Band; Seabird, Slap Happy Comedy, DJ Promote
NEW THIS YEAR “FOR SENIORS ONLY”
This year there will be a focus for graduates of 2013. If you have seniors interested in
participating in this option, please indicate on the registration form. Seniors will gather for
lunch at noon in the Convention Center with a keynote speaker on issues of transition. There
will be a “swag bag” for each with “needs to graduate.” The Seniors will have special seating at
the General Sessions. During the afternoon workshop time, there will be specific workshops for
seniors on a variety of topics from leaving home or staying home and having freedom, to
continuing your faith journey, to managing time and money, to relationships.